Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery die quicker on A52 5G after update

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 08:51 AM)
JakaA525g
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung!

I downloaded the latest software on Friday 10th June and have had rapid battery drain ever since! When oh when are you going to give your users an opportunity to undo a software update!?  

It's definitely the update that's caused the issue as I have run my device in safe mode and have still lost 20% battery in 1 houre!  (A full charge use to last me approx 24hrs!)

What are you planning to do about it?

Can you please reply with when you are releasing a fix for this? (Otherwise I'll have to do a factory reset!)

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@JakaA525g: After an update it can be beneficial to wipe the cache partition of your phone in Recovery Mode. Please check out the replies in the post below for steps on how to complete this process.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/wipe-cache-partition/td-p/4780488#:~:text=P...

If the problem persists following the above, then please charge your phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches 50%, then head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery, and tap on the usage graph. Are any apps or features listed in the breakdown at the bottom of the screen that are using an abnormal amount of battery? 

Jules00
Student
Options

My phone is doing excatly this too since the June update, the battery life is awful now. Did you get it resolved ? Is there a July update?

0 Likes
aceadrenaline
First Poster
Options
Its planned obsolence- they do this on purpose.
0 Likes