Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad focus on A70

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 02:30 PM)
Tam615
First Poster
Options

Hello my A70 takes ok pics from a distance but if I want to take a closer pic the focus is in and out if it does focus it's like a second and cant seem to stay focused. Very shaky. I end up with very blurred pics.i contacted samsung when threw the steps of trying to fix it..they told me they never heard of this problem.i kinda doubt that considering I see people having trouble with this camera. Any one fix this problem or is there a app for a better camera I can use TY..pic below and yes my camera lens is clean.

20200123_083159.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
The camera on the A70 doesn't really allow for very close photos , I think its 5 or 7 cm at the close range.
If you want the image to appear closer you could use the 16:9 or full image size, which isn't really any closer but the crop adds a kind of fake magnification because of the cropping involved.

So if I want a normal pic I use 4:3 but if I want a closer bug or flower shot I use 16:9 or full
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
The focus zooms in and out which is focus hunting, which can happen if the camera is too close to the subject or in low light conditions
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Tam615: If the subject of your picture is very close to the camera, then please tap the closest thing in the picture (in this case, your hand) and this should bring it into focus. Another thing you could try is taking a picture as normal > Tap on the resulting pic in the bottom left > Tap the pencil symbol to enter 'Edit' mode > Zoom in by placing your thumb and forefinger on screen and moving them apart > Save the cropped image. Not the same, I know, but it's one way to work around focus issues at close range.
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Did you sort your camera issue out ?
0 Likes
doug6204
Student
Options

This happens to me all the time on subjects 50cm to 2.5m away. Absolutely useless camera. My wife and son both have the same phones as me and none of us can get sharp photos. We tap on the main subject and it focuses perfectly but when you take the shot it refocuses wrong every time without fail. After owning this phone for a year I have to say this camera is trash. Will nor buy Samsung again 

0 Likes
doug6204
Student
Options

It is not because it is too close. 

0 Likes
doug6204
Student
Options

It does not matter if you tap on the subject and get perfect focus. When you take the picture it refocus again, incorrectly.  Every photo I have taken is blurred. Useless

0 Likes