Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bad battery drain on A70 after update

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 07:22 AM)
MJM01
Apprentice
Options

I recently had updates (not sure exactly what, but now on Android 11, One UI 3.1 ) and the battery was draining as I watched!

I deleted the cache partition which helped, but it's still only lasting about 50% of the time it did before the upgrade.

Anyone else have this, or any ideas?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Strange1
Apprentice
Options

Both of our A70s have ridiculously bad battery life after the recent update. I unplug in the morning, it sits in my pocket all day, no calls, no usage, and by the end of the day I've got 40%. If I actually use it for something I can watch the % drop. It has dropped 2% while replying to the message! It's always physically warm as well so something is definitely constantly drawing power.

Hassan100
Student
Options

I am having the same issue, since the last 2 days battery is dying everyday, and I am too much worried about this because my mobile is my job,i am going to change the bettrery,but just wanted to make sure us it the battery problem or the new update? Stress

JonasRahbek
First Poster
Options

Same with my A70

It drains in four hours instead of two days. If I check the battery consumption - the use is equally spread across the top 3-5 most used apps, so no sinner among them. 

Jonhister
First Poster
Options

I have serious problems with the last update. Apps are consuming 40% battery capacity in an hour. consumed about 3% in one hour of use.apirs the battery lasted all day. Now it doesn't even last four hours. With the screen on it lasts about an hour of use 

abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

I'm facing the same issue in my A70. I reset my phone but no improvement. The problem occurs since the last update. March 2022 security patch update. It's totally annoying 😩

Hassan100
Student
Options

Yeah man, the same problem with my A70, but now I am sure it's not the battery issue, it's a new update causing the problem ,i sent an email to Samsung,but they reply to me with typical massage that' i should use power saving mode,low the brightness ,turn wifi off when not in use bla bla bla.

Don't know what to do now

abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

@Hassan100  

I've also complain to Samsung. It's there formality to say trun off wifi,,low brightness bla bla bla... 

I've tried everything. Reset my phone, wipe catch partition from recovery mood, everything ....

But At the end of the day.. I'm still facing the same problem. We should wait until Samsung release another update to fix this problem. I'm hopeful that they will release an update solving this issue.

Solution
MJM01
Apprentice
Options

Update:

I installed a battery monitor and let it run for a few days. Had a look last night and Pedometer was using 27%. I stopped it and only lost 18% overnight! So not sure what's going on, but I have my battery life back.

Strange1
Apprentice
Options

How do we turn off the Pedometer? Did you just turn off samsung health?

0 Likes