Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio/Microphone issue with calls after the new update

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:43 AM)
Brandon224
Apprentice
Options

Since the new update whenever I've made a voice call any sound is drowned out with these loud crackling noises. If I connect an earpiece with a mic with the audio jack, the crackling noises are still there. If I connect through a Bluetooth earpiece/mic this fixes the issue. The same issue applies with calling from any app (whatsapp, messenger) and also distorts the audio from any video or voice recording.

There's no damage to the mic and the fact it still doesn't work with an external mic plugged in makes me think it's a software bug of some sort.

Hard resets or any other advice offered the Samsung didn't help - any advice on how to fix this or anyone having the same issue?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Brandon224 ,

In order to determine what the issue is with your device, please perform a hardware test on your phone. To do this dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad > tap on 'Speaker' > listen to the sound quality. If there is no sound or if the sound quality is poor, there may be a hardware issue with your device. If this is the case the best thing to do is to have the phone examined by one of our engineers. You can arrange this by contacting our Support Team. Find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Sounds like a speaker problem rather than microphone. Hence how you still get it with the earphone jack, but not through Bluetooth.
0 Likes
Brandon224
Apprentice
Options

Hey @TessM, thanks for the response

Sound quality is normal with that test above.

If I dial *#0283# I get a mix of loud crackling noises and sometimes no sound on 1stMic, 2ndMic or E/P

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I hear distorted voice when someone speaks on samsung a52 5g. However loudspeaker everything is fine. So i believe earpiece speaker are defected or bad quality fitted.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for letting me know @Brandon224 , that indicates that the issue is with the microphone and this will need to be examined by one of our engineers. 

0 Likes
pjvanrheede
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with the one UI6.0 on my Galaxy A545g

0 Likes
pjvanrheede
First Poster
Options

Just after the update, i took it in and the engineer said it should be the update

0 Likes