Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 A70 Camera problem

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 03:29 PM)
bruhmoment337
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung A70. This morning, I had installed Android 10 on it. I was happy with it until I looked at the camera app. On the A70, you can shoot 3:4 aspect ratio photos in two modes, 12MP, and 32MP (called 3:4H). When I tried zooming in for a photo on 32MP mode. It said that it couldn't zoom in on that mode. However, on 12MP, zooming in was working perfectly. Strangely, before installing Android 10, I never experienced this problem? Did they do this on purpose?

40 REPLIES 40
Mary551
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

That's good, but on my A50 I still cannot zoom on the higher 25mp camera. This is all since android 10.

I also don't see Amoled display anymore. Now there is just Normal or Vivid options.

Very disappointing. 

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I have had the same lack of zoom problem with my A50 on the higher 25mp setting. I've contacted Samsung many times with no results.  I asked was this a definite thing planned for Android 10?  They don't seem to know the answer.  Well they should.  In addition there is no Amoled display anymore - just says Normal and Vivid.  How can that be an upgrade?No Zoom anymoreNo Zoom anymore

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
This didn't work on mine
0 Likes
G3rsiu
Apprentice
Options

Latest OTA update has a camera fix and zoom now works in 25mp mode. Had the same issue on galaxy A50 since update. Similar fixes probably inbound to all models.

Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Hello G3rsiu
Thank you very much for this info. I saw a software update ready this morning. I have now updated and the camera will zoom on 25mp!!! Great!
I do appreciate you letting me know, and others who are having this problem. Thank you again.
0 Likes
G3rsiu
Apprentice
Options

No problem. I read this post to figure out why i was having the same problem. Just giving back to the comunity. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
I also wondered if the landscape icon had disappeared from the 25mp setting? It's on the next one down but I thought I recalled it being on the 25mp as well. Do you know of this? It's like a little tree symbol at the bottom of the screen.
Also my Amoled display disappeared with android 10. Now in display it just says normal or vivid. This phone was marked as having Amoled feature.
Thanks
0 Likes
G3rsiu
Apprentice
Options

Amoled is a display type. That cant change with any software update. Maybe you are reffering to a display or image setting or preset that used to be called Amoled and that name or setting has changed in android 10 version.  That can happen frequently with major versions update. Dont worry too much about it :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Thanks,
Do you know anything about the landscape icon I also mentioned, which has disappeared from the screen on the 25mp setting?
0 Likes
FaeTabs
First Poster
Options

Which HD camera app? Link?

0 Likes