Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

all my apps are crashing

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 05:37 PM)
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
All my apps are crashing. All of them. I cant open any and I just need this to be fixed
142 REPLIES 142
person90
Apprentice
Options
: Go settings > apps > tap the three dots in the top right corner > show system apps > search for Android System WebView > select Uninstall updates.
0 Likes
johnny1976
Apprentice
Options
won't it get virus or bugs if deleted
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
The issue is related to a system component called Android System WebView. Google released a buggy update to the component via the Play Store, which resulted in app crashes for many users. If you are facing the same issue on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, you should try to check the Play Store and update the Android System WebView app (version 89.0.04389.105).

If you can’t spot the update, you can fix it by uninstalling the latest update to the Android System WebView. You can do that by taking the following steps on your device running One UI 3:

Navigate to Settings » AppsNow tap on the sort button (with a downward arrow on it), enable the Show system apps toggle, and then tap on OK.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now select Uninstall updates

If you are on a device running Android 9, you can do the following:

Navigate to Settings » AppsTap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now tap on Show system apps.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Now select Uninstall updates.

Alternatively, you can also try to uninstall the update to Android System WebView directly from the Play Store.
0 Likes
LaLaura
Student
Options
thank you guys/gals...your advice has solved the issue
0 Likes
Gee1975
First Poster
Options
Apps not opening 😭
0 Likes
Gee1975
First Poster
Options
3 dots top right
0 Likes
SusanSM
First Poster
Options

Thank you Ants, I have done those two things, and then restarted the phone but it is still crashing

0 Likes
Members_wpIOmv3
First Poster
Options

Thank you.  That seems to have fixed it for me.

0 Likes
max11873
First Poster
Options
delete the axiosweb browser completely. it worked for me
0 Likes
Obi11
First Poster
Options

The chrome browser won't update, apps still keep crashing

Lots of apps won't run 

0 Likes