Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After recent update

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 06:51 PM)
bluerose
First Poster
Options

An annoying text box appears over the screen and cannot be removed. It may say "converting to a multimedia message" or some type of announcement of what is happening. It's a grey small text box and does not vanish quickly. Eventually, it does but I cannot see behind it and when I tap on it the keyboard types whatever I hit under the box. What is this thing?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@bluerose: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your phone? As a basic troubleshooting step, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If the messages continue, restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below and monitor the device for a few hours. If the messages don't appear during this time then the issue is stemming from a third party app, therefore restart your phone as your would normally and delete any recently installed applications.

Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bluerose 

Not sure if the advice in this link will help.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/how-do-i-stop-long-texts-converting-t... 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "