Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Eye Comfort Shield not warm enough at night

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 07:22 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
On A52s 5G, the setting description of Eye Comfort Shield says "minor adjustments during the day with significantly warmer colours at night", but the temperature at 3 am is borderline cold. There should either be an adjustment slider to make Adaptive more aggressive, or make Adaptive warmer by default.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

You could manually adjust the warmth and schedule it I think 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
That's true, but wouldn't that just mean it'll just suddenly turn on? I was hoping for a gradual transition, and the temperature I want at 8 pm is different than the one that's best at 2 am
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anonymous User: I pitched this to our Research and Development Team a few months back, and they let me know that they're planning on introducing a 'Fade In' option for the Eye Comfort Shield, which is likely to be added after Android 12 has been rolled out. As the roll out has already begun, you will hopefully see this some time in the new year. I hope this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Nice! Thanks.
Is it just going to be a couple seconds fade, or are we talking hours?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anonymous User: I've not been made aware of the details of the feature, unfortunately. I'm with you, and hope that it allows users to adjust this to their preference via a Fade-In Duration setting with a selection of timeframes. 

Balázs Z
First Poster
Options

Is there any news on this topic? Adaptive eye comfort shield is still too cold at night, manual option just turns on at sundown with full warmness, it's not the best this way.

0 Likes