Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Brightness Not Working Samsung A40

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 07:35 AM)
Bob1785
Apprentice
Options
Can someone help. If I click on adaptive brightness the screen jumps to max brightness regardless of the environment I'm in. I've tried resetting the cache as per other posts but it makes no difference. It's like the sensor isn't working.  Any ideas? Many thanks. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
have you had a recent software update or any accidental drops, left on in bright light or otherwise recently?

After a cache clear in the recovery menu the second option is to back up and try a clean install without restoring first to see if it works.

I would however go through apps and find out if you have given permissions for another app to control it over your System UI

believe it or not, Something as basic as the Netflix app light control have been known to cause problems.

let me know how it goes :smiling-face:
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
turned my adaptive brightness off to save power... now have it set to how I want it ... and how to get the most out of 1 charge a day
0 Likes
Bob1785
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your help, I've disabled a few apps from editing system controls and switched off and on and it seems to be behaving itself now. Thanks for your help.
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
happy to help and glad it worked out :smiling-face:

if you mark the post solved that would be amazing, it helps other people find a solution to their troubles faster :smiling-face:

have a great day and if it happens again let us know!
0 Likes
Bob1785
Apprentice
Options
Will do, thanks. Just tried, but can't see how I mark this as solved?
0 Likes