Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A90 5g keep screen on when on car kit

(Topic created on: 20-11-2019 10:15 AM)
PaulIrl
First Poster
Options

How do stop screen turning off when on car kit  I need on permanently. Tried turning screen lock to 10 minutes but after 1 minute closes down  I need on permanently. Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DannyT
Options

Have you tried the suggestion that @AndrewL posted above? Setting a trusted place will keep your phone unlocked, but the screen may still turn off.

We can, however, stop this from happening. For this, we need to enable Developer Options. Head to Settings > About Phone > Software Information. Then tap on Build Number about 7 times nice and fast. Head to back to the Settings menu and you'll have Developer Options. (As a rule, we'd say don't mess with much in here, as it can affect your phone negatively).

But this once, we can go in there, scroll down the menu until you find option Stay Awake. Tap that, and your phone screen won't turn off. (As another disclaimer, this will drain your battery a bit more, so remember to lock your phone and turn your screen off when you don't need it).

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@PaulIrl: Please can you confirm the model number of your A series phone, along with the current Android version, and I will look into this for you. In the meantime, please try going to Settings > Lock Screen > Smart Lock > Trusted Devices > Add Trusted Device > Choose your car stereo (if applicable).
0 Likes
PaulIrl
First Poster
Options

A90 5g brand new phone

Had iPhones previously. 

Need screen on for work keeps turning off  set timer for 10 minutes makes no difference..

0 Likes
PaulIrl
First Poster
Options
Ps was never informed until today you had posted a question
0 Likes
Solution
DannyT
Options

Have you tried the suggestion that @AndrewL posted above? Setting a trusted place will keep your phone unlocked, but the screen may still turn off.

We can, however, stop this from happening. For this, we need to enable Developer Options. Head to Settings > About Phone > Software Information. Then tap on Build Number about 7 times nice and fast. Head to back to the Settings menu and you'll have Developer Options. (As a rule, we'd say don't mess with much in here, as it can affect your phone negatively).

But this once, we can go in there, scroll down the menu until you find option Stay Awake. Tap that, and your phone screen won't turn off. (As another disclaimer, this will drain your battery a bit more, so remember to lock your phone and turn your screen off when you don't need it).

0 Likes
PaulIrl
First Poster
Options

Thanks that works  phone lives on charge cable so no worries over battery. Is it possible to set for only when one particular app is open. Thanks phone now stays on

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Glad you managed to get that sorted, @PaulIrl.

Unfortunately, no way to set this for just the one app, but that is something we can certainly pass on as feedback!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi I have had A90 5G since Dec 2019.

My screen has gone black so I don't know if it's on or off or charging up ect!? 

Can anyone help as I have tried the reset advice and it doesnt work! 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

<>
To: Samsung Community <no-reply@eu.community.samsung.com>
Cc: 
Bcc: 
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 01:55:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy A90 - screen is black (Samsung Community Subscription Update)
Hi 
this was also purchased in dec 2019!!
Im livid!
Did you notice that there was no A90 stock left recently? 
A friend emailed samsung couple of weeks ago wanting a A90 and ehat a surprise they managed to get some stock in again at £399.
The phone cost me just under £700 in Dec!!!! 
I opted to pay with Klarna and still have oustanding payment off over £400 ehen its doesnt even cost that amount !!!! 
Think we've been Scammed?
Stacey 

< ----- Message truncated -----

Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem while delivering your message to no-reply@eu.community.samsung.com. Gmail will retry for 23 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
The response was:
Temporary System Problem. Try again later.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: Samsung Community <no-reply@eu.community.samsung.com>
Cc: 
Bcc: 
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 01:55:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy A90 - screen is black (Samsung Community Subscription Update)
Hi 
this was also purchased in dec 2019!!
Im livid!
Did you notice that there was no A90 stock left recently? 
A friend emailed samsung couple of weeks ago wanting a A90 and ehat a surprise they managed to get some stock in again at £399.
The phone cost me just under £700 in Dec!!!! 
I opted to pay with Klarna and still have oustanding payment off over £400 ehen its doesnt even cost that amount !!!! 
Think we've been Scammed?
Stacey 

< ----- Message truncated -----
I've sent you both this rubbish I've got! I do apologise for it but I would like info if anyone knows why this happened hmmm?🤔
P.S My original msg (reply) to you collin is the last paragraph. 

0 Likes
brewm
First Poster
Options
Dear Samsung phone team,

Can you please direct me to how to fix my samsung A90 (2016) phone, I thought the battery was not working and purchased a new battery cable. Before the screen went all dark, It kept instructing me that the charge was 0% and was switched off anytime the charger was disconnected. However, the screen still remains black. I bought this phone in 2017 from the carphone warehouse so expect it to function properly.

Is there anyone who could advice me on what to do???
Mary
0 Likes