Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A90 5G Edge lighting

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 01:29 PM)
JoeA90
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else have trouble getting edge lighting notifications in the A90 5G? Only works for text messages. There is an app for £3 in play store  but surely  it should work anyway? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @JoeA90, can I get more info on which apps you are having issues with? Some notifications may not display as the edge lighting depending on notification types.
0 Likes
JoeA90
Journeyman
Options
Twitter. WhatsApp. Snapchat. Gmail. I have selected these apps and colours and none of them work with edge lighting
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, can you go in to Settings > Display > Edge screen > Edge lighting, and under here ensure that the 'Show Edge Lighting' is set to Always?
0 Likes
JoeA90
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.  I have done this.  Still not working. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Are all the apps selected? Edge lighting settings > Manage notifications > Tap all available apps to use Edge lighting for all your app notifications then restart the phone. Please also make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version Settings > Software update > Download and install. Something else you can do is to update your apps: Google Play Store > 3 lines menu on the top-left > My apps & games > Update all. 

0 Likes
JoeA90
Journeyman
Options

Have tried everything.  It only works on text messages.  Why have samsung turned off notification flashing lights on the front of the phone when phones are on standby by default? 

There is a light around the front facing camera on the A90 that would be perfect for notifications, but it only works as a face sensor light.  

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Mhh I'm not too sure about this one. I would get in touch with Samsung UK technical support via Facebook or Twitter to receive more feedback on this. You can also call them on the phone at 0333 000 0333 for more help.

0 Likes
JoeA90
Journeyman
Options

I've just paid £2.70 for the aodNotify app that does something this phone should really do by default.  

I'll contact Samsung about this anyway.  Thanks for your help