Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A73 5G

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 05:49 PM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Useless Samsung this is the the 3rd month and no update, the previous 3 updates have been 2 months apart.

Samsung is just like the devices they sell, absolutely useless.

Samsung you totally deserve any abuse you get from consumers for late software update and useless support systems where Samsung just does not care, they have their money from the consumer so why should they care, so typical of Samsung.

Now 4 months since the last update, so for those who cry foul and link to a quarterly schedule, note Samsung does not bother with any schedule it puts out.

The supposed upside is that the next update will be Android 13 with One UI 5.0 however the Galaxy A72 & A71 are getting Andriod 13 before the A73.

Way to go Samsung, such a useless organisation

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Neil_za hello, your phone model is in the list of devices, with quarterly security updates.
Check it here. Greetings.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Neil_za  In the mid ranges only the A52,A52s and A53 receive monthly security updates.  Monthly ones were not  intended for your Device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

keith30
Maestro
Options
Your not a flagship phone that's the reason you don't receive them more often.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not completely useless, I can browse, make and receive calls, play music, chat with friends and post silly messages on here

And I can take great pictures too
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Even the A72 that I have which is a good device gets more updates than the A73 5G and it is an older device.

If only the A73 would work as well as the A72 then it would be a great device but useless Samsung made sure that would not be the case.

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Neil_za Galaxy A 72 is also receiving quarterly security updates.
In addition, the functionalities of a device are not received with security patches, but with major updates.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

did you even bother to read what i stated, i own both devices and i can see which device gets what updates.

Samsung does not bother with that document, their updates are so inconsistent that they are erratic

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Now 4 months since the last update, so for those who cry foul and link to a quarterly schedule, note Samsung does not bother with any schedule it puts out.

The supposed upside is that the next update will be Android 13 with One UI 5.0 however the Galaxy A72 & A71 are getting Andriod 13 before the A73.

Way to go Samsung, such a useless organisation

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

👎

0 Likes