Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A72 WhatsApp issue

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 10:35 AM)
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I seem to be having an issue with WhatsApp where I dont appear to be receiving messages.

But as soon as I open the app, all the messages come through.

Is there a setting that may have to be turned off or something as its becoming annoying.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall which worked for a few days, but then went back to this issue.

Please advise.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Nitesh95: This may be related to your notification settings. To check, please head to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Notifications > Show Notifications > On > Group Notifications > On > Alert (tap to select) > Show As Pop-up (On) > Set your Sound and Vibration preferences. Tap the Back button, and apply the same settings to Message Notifications. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hey, I've had a look, but what you have suggested, the items are all checked and ticked.
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I had a feeling it could be to do with battery saving and sleeping.

But I checked, and WhatsApp has not been put to sleeping, it is active.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
From what your saying it seems like either WhatsApp has been put in Deep sleep or background data services have been turned off on your phone.

Just like when your phoen goes in to powersaving mode, to reduce power usage all background data services are turned off and turns on when you open the app.
0 Likes