Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A72 unresponsive screen

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 05:51 AM)
Members_nKESL5v
Apprentice
Options

My phone starts fine and then operates normally, but after a few minutes use the screen becomes unresponsive to touch/swipe etc. Only solution is to keep forcing a restart so I can use for a short while.

I've tried starting in Safe mode and the have the same issue.

The screen must be ok as it works for a while, but why does it suddenly become unresponsive?

Any help appreciated 

98 REPLIES 98
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you have a screen protector fitted ?

Using Safe Mode will help to highlight if a downloaded app or theme might be the issue @Members_nKESL5v 

Please look at the diagnostic tools in your Samsung Members App and also there is one via your phone app and dialing *#0*#

Try > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

As a last resort back up and factory reset.

A Samsung Service Centre can provide support.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_nKESL5v
Apprentice
Options

Many, many thanks - Clear Cache Partition appears to have done the trick

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My pleasure @Members_nKESL5v  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_nKESL5v
Apprentice
Options

I spoke too early. Phone worked for a while but now back with the same issue 😥

Nurul_Amin
Student
Options

Have you found any solution? I am having the same problem with my A72. Thanks

AndrewL
Options

@Nurul_Amin: Have you attempted the steps provided by @BandOfBrothers in the accepted solution? If so, are you using a particular app or apps when you encounter the issue, or does your Galaxy A72 become unresponsive at random intervals? 

0 Likes
Nurul_Amin
Student
Options

I have tried all except for factory reset. Everytime I force restart it works for a while, sometimes It doesnt even allow me to unlock my phone. It's the same in Safemode too. All I can remember is I updated the device on 1July and this started to happen all on a sudden from 5 July. No hard fall, nothing.  First, it started with finger prints. It become unresponsive immediately when I try finger print. I turned off finger print unlocking so now it works for a minute or so then become unresponsive. 

Thanks

Derac
Apprentice
Options

Same exact problems too. Started with finger print and charge port and voice command malfunctioning 

0 Likes
S7mza
First Poster
Options

I tried all the options, once arrived to preparing the phone to factory reset, the problem desapeased, so the problem is linked to the memory ( remember cheap memory cards problem). I have 256G about 60% used. the solution I found is to remove huge not important files, it will work.

I confirm that still and after  16 hours, my mobile is working with no problem. before, I needed to force the restart every 1 minute of usage, and then having the screen freezing

0 Likes