Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 won't send a picture text HALF the time. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I've done everything suggested. Month old.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 08:36 AM)
Bri14
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Which way are you sending these? Email or mms or rcs messaging?
0 Likes
Bri14
Apprentice
Options

email works no problem.

I get an "mms failure" most of the time when I text a pic or video or XLSX file.

If I hit "retry", sometimes it goes, sometimes not & I gotta try again....then maybe again.

I don't get it. Sometimes it goes, sometimes it don't. Most times it don't.

I've tried using Photos & I've tried Gallery.

I've reset, rebooted, returned to Defaults, I've tried everything I can think of as well as online suggestions to no avail.

I am on my PC right now streaming movies, my wifi is good. I can use my A71 to surf or use email and text Regular texts that don''t have pics. 

I Loved this phone when I got it a month ago but I'm about to throw it in the fireplace.....

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Couple of things. Firstly, check that your apn settings are correct for your carrier. The other thing tobe aware of is the maximum file size you can send using most is generally less than 1mb. I suspect the latter may be your issue. RCS messaging, if supported by your carrier will do the same as messaging but allows larger file sizes.
0 Likes
Bri14
Apprentice
Options

Hey  Pugs1957,

CHECKED APN a few times. 

Phone works,  normal texts work & the pic I just tried to send is 571 kb so that ain't it. 

I dunno Man but thanks!!

Resized_20210116_095016_5146739801889.jpeg

Bri14
Apprentice
Options

See,  That went no problem 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Beautiful 🐈
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd rather talk about cats but... I think the next thing to do is speak to your carrier. It's possible you need a new sim.