Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 will these phones function in mainland Europe

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 11:27 AM)
NV-TECH
Student
Options

hello all,

pls assist, having supplied some A71 to Italy + netherlands, they are not accepting local sim, pls advise how we can resolve this issue..

these are sim free from uk distribution..

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What you may find is that Samsung apply a region lock to their phones @NV-TECH 

This is to try and curb grey imports.

What really needs to happen is that a person makes a few calls totalling 10 minutes into country of origin using a local sim card and calling a local telephone number to remove this lock.

If.you contact the Samsung Support Department of the country of origin I.e the UK they maybe able to remotely remove the region lock.

To add 》If the phones were bought directly from Samsung they should be unlocked to all networks.

If they were not then you would need to check from where they were purchased from to make sure they listed them as unlocked to all networks.

If a phone isn't unlocked to all networks they wouldn't accept another networks sim card and would need to be unlocked to all networks by the network they are currently locked to.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NV-TECH
Student
Options

thank you for the reply, most appreciated and it all worked fine..

Just FYI: out phones are European and are unlocked only with European SIM providers. 

If the SIM is provided by a company out of EMEA (as in our case) we need to first place an european sim in the phone and make a 10 mins call, then your sim can be inserted and it's working fine now!

any how is this the same for APAC region and Latin America...pls advise..

0 Likes