Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71, will it get 60fps recording?

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 06:33 AM)
Pajs13
First Poster
Options

I was just checking a71 specs, and it says it doesn't record 1080p at 60fps, which is unfortunate since the a70 has that option.Will the a71 get that option in a future update maybe?

7 REPLIES 7
matroX-40
Explorer
Options
Hi I sent question to Samaung about it and answer so far is, that it was put to development for future consideration.
Thanwa
First Poster
Options

I was hoping for the software update too, because I don't understand the reason behind them not enabling the feature that is totally usable and important for some people when the hardware is clearly capable of handling at  least 1080p @60fps

matroX-40
Explorer
Options

I was able to give it back (internet purchase). I really liked this phone but 30FPS recording was not acceptable for me.

Besides that its excellent phone if you are not keen to spend huge money on S series.

In fact I did buy S20+ and now I'm fully satisfied with recorded video. Now I even went two steps further and record 4k60FPS on gimbal. It costed a lot but for me its worth the money. Need to remember that postprocessing of recorded material is extremely heavy even for 8 or 12 core PC.

0 Likes
Bojcha
First Poster
Options

Phone is more than capable to record video at 1080p 60fps. Simple proof is that it records 120 and 240fps in slo-motion mode EZ.

So it's just another samsung's nonsense, probably feature reserved for higher models but somehow it's there in A70. We can just hope someone will look at it and aprove this option through update at some point.

me: another sad owner of A71 who didnt read all phone features carefully.

matroX-40
Explorer
Options

Hi.

I returned phone, so I'm happy. No worries.

Confusing point is that is spec i could see written '30/240' and in fact it was my over-interpretation that it will allow do to inbetween values like 60fps.

Also knowing that A70 has 60fps available and many older & cheaper phones too, I just couldn't imagine it could be different with A71.

I switched to S20+. It does 4k60fps.  So a little about it by occasion: 

- 4k60fps bitrate is 40Mbit for h265 and 70Mbit for h264. Quality is very nice, however these bitrates are too low for further postprocessing. I already wrote to Samsung to implement selection of higher bitrate, like 100Mbit, so we have best possible input file. Neverteless its still mpeg4-to-mpeg4 compression which is not good, but we have to live with that. So at least give me mpeg4 that is not heavily compressed.

- S20+ has still focus hunting issues which makes some troubles. It just can start to refocus while scene is very static and there is absolutely no reason to do it.

Greetings

0 Likes
Felipe_h
First Poster
Options

I ready one post on xda the developer has moddified one file (using root) then they unlocked 1080 60 frames option

0 Likes
PhyscoX
First Poster
Options

Bump.

They should add 1080P 60FPS record in android 12 update! 

0 Likes