Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A71 Super Fast Charging issue

(Topic created on: 29-04-2020 01:17 PM)
Cla55ic_Fanatic
Journeyman
Options

I bought an A71 nearly a month and a half ago, and besides the odd software hiccup it's been great. However, I've noticed that when charging, the lock screen says 'Super Fast Charging x%', but every 5-10 seconds it switches to 'Fast Charging x%' for a second then back again. I haven't tested the charge time from flat, but it always takes longer than the time displayed under the battery setting. I am using all the charging equipment from the box, so is this an issue?

25 REPLIES 25
Cla55ic_Fanatic
Journeyman
Options

Oh, and it's recently stopped charging beyond 95%. It stayed at 95% for 20 mins, and went cold (it gets warm while Super Fast charging). I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, still stuck at 95%.

0 Likes
junax
First Poster
Options

I also experience that issue. I bought A71 last day and I encountered the battery charging has stuck in certain percentage (65% & 96%) so I try to plug/unplug the charger and it back to normal. Also I noticed the charging indicator/status on lock screen was not consistent, it says "Super Fast Charging" and its switch in "Fast Charging" in a second. All I have to do, I tried to check the software update if there's available and luckily it have, so I run the update and my phone doing great now.

0 Likes
Cla55ic_Fanatic
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply, I've checked and my phone is saying all software is up to date for me. I'm not too bothered by it at the moment, it still charged 0-100% in under and hour and a half as expected. I've found that if it gets stuck at 95%, I'll unplug it and then it jumps to 100%, so I'm hopeful that is is merely a software glitch.

0 Likes
Solution
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Hi Cla55ic_Fanatic,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

> Samsung recommends charging the device with original charger, kindly use the samsung charger

> Perform interactive check of USB (Samsung Member app>>Get help>>Interactive check>>USB)

> Follow standard battery charging procedure (charge a fully discharge battery in Switch-off mode up to 120 ~ 150 min) 

> Perform reset settings of device (Settings>>General management>>reset>>reset settings)

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app (click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,

Jamessteeve
First Poster
Options

I have heard several different times to use the original Samsung charger you have if you need a new one to get the same one. Other ones will not work right for some reason.

0 Likes
Jonathan166155
First Poster
Options

I have the sam problem . My a71 stoped at 95 and it would not go up . Found a simple solution to fix it but do not help very mutch because it keeps happening again and again . Try restarting a71 while it is on charge then it jumps to 100% . I reallyhope samsung fix all of this errors . 

0 Likes
mohak
First Poster
Options

I purchased A51 2 weeks ago when I charge it shows "fast charging" on the lock screen and as well as in-home scene notification also. But today it shows for a few seconds and it is showing the battery percentage while charging and on home screen notification to is showing fast charging. So anyone here tell me how can I show the fast charging status on my lock screen

0 Likes
Jenmister2298
First Poster
Options
my a71 batteries died and now the charger is not charging it weve tried everything Samsung has told us but still not working
0 Likes
PoPtyping86
First Poster
Options
please let me know if you find the issue as my a71 charger will not recognize the official charger and lead im really struggle her did all the stuff samsung has suggested just have had no joy in fixing the issue
0 Likes