Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 sound cuts out during call

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 08:26 PM)
PetrolHead662
Apprentice
Options
When I call someone or refieve a call, a few seconds/minutes in the sound just stops, I can't hear them and they can't hear me. 

The exact same thing happens with my dads phone (we both got the same phone at the same time)

If you restart the phone it will be fine for a while, but the problem will happen again 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @PetrolHead662, do calls drop completely or you are still on the call but you can't hear the other person and vice versa? Please remove any headphones, earphones or other audio devices inserted into or paired with the device. Also, try removing any third-party case or cover. Another thing to do would be to turn your phone off, remove the SIM Card from the phone, put it back in again and turn the phone on. You can also test your receiver by following these steps: from the phone dialler, enter *#0283#.2 > Select RCV Packet Loopback ON (it may appear as either Start : RCV_1stMic or RCV_DualMic) > Say a few words as if you were on a call > If you hear your own voice, it's working correctly and it would be best to get in touch with your network provider for further assistance.

0 Likes
BEGirl
First Poster
Options

Hey CarloL - very interested in your response as I have same issue. Purchased A71 in September. Calls cutting off mid conversation & losing sound - both ways - intermittently person I'm talking to saying I keep dropping out and vice versa sudden silence then can hear again. Getting worse more frequent and also same on WiFi calls. Signal strong & if put sim in old Huawei do not have a problem. Tried your loopback advice and can hear myself but its stuttery. Not sure I should go to Provider - thinking this is more a phone issue. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
PetrolHead662
Apprentice
Options
hello, thank you for your response, I stay in the call, but all audio cuts out and they cannot hear me. its as if the line dies, but the call doesn't end.
I don't use any headphones etc, and the case should effect it as both my dad and I have completely different design cases and we both have the same problem.

I have removed and replaced the sim card multiple times on my dads phone to no avail.

I will give the test a try and see what happens
Thanks, PetrolHead662
Jalaltr
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i have the exact same problem on A71.. any solution please ?

Thanks

funclewob
First Poster
Options
exact same problem with my a71. I've heard that it may be a phone problem as the SIM works fine in my s8.
problem seems worse when talking to my friend who has the same phone.
0 Likes
Judy4
First Poster
Options

We have 3 of these phones..I tried everything suggested..even replaced the sim card. Still no luck. I finally tried turning on wifi calling and it worked! No more calls fading! Go to Settings..Connections and there you will see wifi calling ..turn it on. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
PetrolHead662
Apprentice
Options
I never have wifi calling off because I have bad signal where I live 😒
that was a big reason to get this phone
0 Likes
Judy4
First Poster
Options

Hmmm.. that's so odd because it worked for me. I wonder if you turn wifi off, restart your phone then turn it on if it would make a difference?  Just a thought...

0 Likes
blaqiverson
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my galaxy A20, the receiver keeps cutting during offline calls. At a point during the call, I can't hear the other person and they can't either, and it's the same thing over and over. However, when I use online voice calling like duo or WhatsApp, calls go without any glitches whatsoever. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

0 Likes