Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 S-view cover screen scratches

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 03:58 PM)
Cla55ic_Fanatic
Journeyman
Options

I got my a71 in mid February, and the official S-view flip cover for it a week later. It has been barely 3 months and my screen has now been left with a large scratch just over 1mm by 2.5-3cm across from the cover. It is getting worse so I have a screen protector coming tomorrow, but it is frustrating that an expensive official case has damaged my phone. It is also very distracting when there is a light behind you, or the screen is dark (so it's worse with dark mode). 

The point of this post is to ask if anyone has any idea what I should/could do, besides paying a load of money to have the screen replaced or simply leaving it to drive me nuts, due to this being a new phone and no fault of my own.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm wondering if a hard bit of substance such as grit etc got between the cover and phone screen which is the only reason I can fathom why it scratched the screen.

I have that cover for my Samsung Note 10+ 5G but I already have a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector applied to generally protect the screen.

I like this version of screen protector  because it uses silicone all over to affix the Protector and this also helps to hide scratches.

I hope yours does too.

Unfortunately once it's there your always going to know it's there which can annoy some people.

You can't unsee it !

As this would be treated as accidental damage by Samsung it wouldn't be covered under the manufacturer warranty so a fee would probably be charged and these screens and labour charges are not inexpensive.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cla55ic_Fanatic
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I am very sure it was not caused by debris, because it isn't one long scratch but more a series of vertical scratches like almost like a barcode. Plus, after being in my pocket, the beam below the window leaves the same mark across the fingerprint smudges, in exactly the                                                                   same place.

To me it is very clear that the case itself is the cause.20200527_111553.jpgThe smudge the case leaves when in my pocketThe smudge the case leaves when in my pocket20200527_111525.jpg

0 Likes
FJ1955
First Poster
Options

Yeah mine got scratched up pretty quickly... I thought a case would protect it but perhaps coins got between it and the screen in my pocket. Looks like an old phone already. Gorilla glass is the older 3. 

0 Likes
PEGASUS01
Explorer
Options
have you thought of getting a hard durable case and then just a glass screen protector?
0 Likes
Tyler F
First Poster
Options

I have to say I haven't had my long yet either. I never took it out of the box until my case got here. It now shows really deep scratches all around the edges and now the screen is also starting to show like hair lines. I've always been a samsung fan, normally have the S or Note models but they were so expensive this time I decided to go for the higher A model. I guess it was a bad decision. The wear and tear is definitely an issue.

0 Likes
Tyler F
First Poster
Options

No need to wonder they bud. Mine has did the same thing. It's very cheap the edges look terrible and the screen is also starting to show wear. And I've never took it out of the case to actually use it. Only to clean it. Twice weekly. It just doesn't hold up like the S models. 

0 Likes