Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 problems

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 04:17 PM)
NFP
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

I bought a Galaxy A71 a few months ago but, almost from the start, the phones reboots without my command. 

Also, I got a 128GB microSD memory card to save my photos (I take a lot for work and need to have them in hand to send to clients), but already got a few times a message saying that there was a problem with the card and that it would be put in read only mode, to format the card. But if I restart the phone, the card stop read only mode for some time, until I get that message again.

Any suggestions to solve this problems?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @NFP ,

happy to try to help you with this. Is the phone rebooting when you are using a particular app or action on the phone? Can you please check if auto-restart is enabled on the phone?

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to the settings menu, then go into the Backup and reset submenu.
  2. Under the Device management tab, click on Auto restart.

In regard to the SD card, are you able to tell me what model are you using? Have you tried to use a different one? 

0 Likes
NFP
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Auto restart is turned off. It happened while using different apps, sometimes even while not using nothing.

The card used was one of this: 

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/mymemory-128gb-v30-pro-micro-sd-card-sdxc-a1-uhs-1-u3-adapter-100mb-s-2-p...

I already returned them, but I need to get a memory card for me and another for my wife (she has a A51) and needs to be a reliable one (or at least one that the phone works well with).

Thanks

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are these third-party apps or it is also happening with default/embedded ones? Can you place the phone in Safe mode and monitor it for at least two hours to see if the same thing happens?

To turn it on in Safe mode, first turn the phone off > When you turn it back on, press and hold the Volume Down button until it starts up > The phone will indicate when it is in Safe mode. If it is not restarting in Safe mode, then it is a third party application causing this, so you will need to turn your phone back on normally and disable recently downloaded apps one by one and determine which one is the cause of this issue.

In regard to the SD card, have you tried to use a different brand? 

0 Likes
NFP
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but the problem is that the reboot isn't at specific times... For instance it hasn't happened for a few days already. And it might not happen while in safe mode.

Regarding the card, no, I haven't because I just bought that one, hoping that it would work fine.

0 Likes