Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 laggy camera?

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 11:35 PM)
jobriddy
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone else find this issue with the a71? I have so many blurry pics of my children because the camera is so slow to take pictures. I've contacted support and gone through a load of troubleshooting but no change. Since then, I've read a few things online where people have found the same. Anyone else found this or found a solution? Thanks. 
13 REPLIES 13
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In your settings do you have tracking auto focus enabled?
0 Likes
jobriddy
Apprentice
Options
Possibly, as I went through all the settings with the online help but if you could let me know how I can check, that would be a great help.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Go to settings and scroll down, it should be under useful features.

clipboard_image_1617439764237.jpg

0 Likes
jobriddy
Apprentice
Options
I don't seem to have that option.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like you are trying to take photos when there's not enough light, the shutter stays open to let in enough light and captures the subjects moving and raises the possibility of camera shake. I've been a photographer for 40 plus and most people blame their phone when in fact it's their technique as they have no understanding of F-Stops, depth of field etc etc.
To get good photos a basic understanding is a good idea.
0 Likes
jobriddy
Apprentice
Options
I understand that, but surely, any amateur should be able to take a snap of their children playing without it being blury? My husband doesn't have the same issue with his iPhone and funnily enough, neither did I on my Samsung s9. I've had the phone over 6 months now, you can't tell me I've been taking pictures in the dark the whole time? The only way I get a non-blury photo is if I tell the kids to stand still, I never get any lovely natural ones of them playing or quick photos as they flash me a grin, without them being blurred.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No matter how good a phone is it cannot defy the law of physics. If you need more light, use the flash.
0 Likes
jobriddy
Apprentice
Options
Even with the flash, I still have blurry photos and the time it actually takes for the photo to take is slow. I have never had this problem with other models, so don't understand why I have with this one.
johnnystorm
Journeyman
Options
The recent update has ruined my A71 camera, its now really slow to open, rotate, take a photo, etc. Moving pics and spontaneous shots are almost impossible. Not particularly helpful comments from Pugs1957 as it shouldn't need superuser skills to take a happy snap, I've been able to do that on almost every smartphone I've had in the last decade using auto. The A71 when it works it's good but when it's glitchy it's poor.