Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 charges only from power banks or other device (laptop, pc, etc.)

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 10:04 PM)
Viktor Velichkov
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have Galaxy A71 and a few weeks ago it stopped charging from its original brick charger. I've put it to a power bank and it charged fast and well. Same brick charger works with other phones. My wife has Galaxy A33 and it charges with this brick charger. The brick is super fast charger 25W. Recently I bought new original one, but 45W and it worked..for a few days. The phone stopped to charge from it and again it charges only from power bank, laptop, pc, etc.

Apparently everything works, but the phone is still not charging from bricks. Any idea why?! Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's wierd, are you using the same cable everytime? Or different ones?

Maybe the cable is faulty?
0 Likes
Viktor Velichkov
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. The new charger came with its own cable. As I wrote - old cable and charger work on other devices. The really weird thing is, after I post this, I've tried the new charger again, but rotate the cable end that goes in the phone, and it work again... it is so annoying. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's so strange as it supposed to work either direction, could it be the port is damaged?
0 Likes
Viktor Velichkov
First Poster
Options

That's what I thought in a first place, but..why is it working with anything other than brick ? :?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I forgot toy said that, did you charger the new 45w brick with same cable on other phones? That's a real wierd one
0 Likes
Members_fkW9ol4
First Poster
Options

Hi all! The exact same thing described by Viktor is happening here with a Galaxy A32. It's not the first time too. A couple of months ago this happened for a couple of weeks and then went back to normal. Now it's only charging through power bank again.

It is not the charger(s), nor the cable(s) as they all work with other smartphones. And if it is a faulty portal, then it is a faulty portal that works fine with a power bank. Beyond my comprehension. 

0 Likes