What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 bloatware & privacy

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 06:09 AM)
Options

I have just received the Galaxy A71 and have been playing around with it. I am completely blown away by how much bloatware is included and the fact a lot of these apps can't be disabled or uninstalled. On top of that Bixby and some other apps don't allow you to change the app permissions! I know one can't expect complete privacy with a smartphone but to not even allow the option to disable permissions is over the top. I knew there would be bloatware but I thought I'd be able to uninstall it. Is there a way around it (without rooting)? Am I missing something? I'm on the verge of sending it back.

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Most have options to force stop and disable @EyeHateBloatware  but yes some have been left as not being able to uninstall.

There are package uninstaller options via the Playstore but a person needs to be very careful on how they use this.

Personalty I feel I've been able to disable and uninstall the apps I don't want / need to my own personal satisfaction.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

There are 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Options

Thanks. I'm returning it, there are too many unnecessary apps I don't want or need and the Bixby issue is total BS! I do like the phone but I'll be staying away from Samsung- too much is forced.