Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 black screen glitch

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 07:30 PM)
lavinixtani
First Poster
Options

So, i've bought this phone 5 days wgo and everything is normal except for one little thing.

Whenever i use the dark mode, or is there any app with a black background with writings or pictures, and my brightness is down til like 30/40% i get a shadowy or ghosty image on the blacks. Example: on the notifications board where is the wifi, local, etc etc, and its on dark mode plus low brightness, i get ghosty shadows on the icons that are black/grey but not on the ones that are blue. And if i turn the brightness up, it disappears. Have anyone noticed it yet? or might be a hardware/display problem? It doesnt affect anything on the usage, just bugs me a little.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use dark mode and when and where I can use Dark mode on the apps I use @lavinixtani and haven't experienced issues like the one's your experiencing.

I'm on Android 10 and Samsung Ui 2.1 with the July 20 update.

If it's bugging you then I'd suggest to go back to the source and swap it out and or if it's a shop try the working retail demo models in the shop if they have any or go to a Samsung Experience Store if you have one to see if there showing as the same as yours.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Appreciate I use a different phone to you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Boeddabart
Journeyman
Options

*removed*

0 Likes
Boeddabart
Journeyman
Options

I just found out that it's called black smearing. Black pixels are actually turned off, so when you scroll, those pixels need to be turned back on. This causes the effect. 

Apparently it's on all Oled screens.

Your only options are: go back to light mode, set your brightness higher or, simply ignore it.

Gabrielle01
First Poster
Options

I'm also experiencing this. Its quite annoying that I want the dark mode on but the screen is pissing me off. 

mari200418
First Poster
Options
why the screen becomes like that when I turn dark mood on

touchmaster_20210329-54349.jpeg

0 Likes