Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 won't connect to PC via USB USB.

(Topic created on: 16-09-2020 10:19 AM)
Cuzzy
Student
Options

My A70 doesn't seem to be recognized by PC's when connected via USB.  I am wanting to transfer files from my phone and have tried various online help and forums to troubleshoot but my phone doesn't seem to have the "USB connection" setting.

6 REPLIES 6
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
try different usb cable, if not try clean usb port on your phone or if your pc have bluetooth you can transfers file throught that, also you can do this, on your pc go to devices manager look for usb then right on it then udate your usb port hardware,
0 Likes
Cuzzy
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have tried multiple USB cables and various computers with no luck.  It seems like a problem with my phone but I don't know how to fix it.

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options

Does your PC make a sound ? When connected? Is the device charging when plugged into PC?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Cuzzy: If you want to transfer files from your phone to your PC then I recommend installing Smart Switch for PC or Mac, available via the following link by clicking on 'How do I get Smart Switch on my PC or Mac'

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your phone using your official USB cable, click on the 'Backup' tab and follow the on screen prompts. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Members_gehmOVd
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue. After one update, my samsung charger stopped fast charging, but other chargers are ok. I also can't connect to my Ford (Android Auto) neither my PC.

Used OEM cable, plus other quality cables. No luck.

0 Likes
Andorra
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I tried everything, nothing worked. I use the original cable(s), but no.  Then I looked around the house to find some old cables, in the end I had about 8 cables on the table. Out of the 8, suddenly 1 did the trick. It was an old, almost broken one. But it worked ! 

0 Likes