Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70: Unable to register new fingerprint after Android 10 update.

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 10:44 AM)
jitu14986
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200417-114952.jpg

Post android 10 update, I deleted all previous fingerprint data and now it wont let me register any fingerprints.  It gets to about 15% then just states I'm not covering the sensor properly. And it throwing me out of the process of registering fingerprint.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AsadM
Options
Hi @jitu14986. Hope you're doing well. Can you please give more information on this? Are you trying to set up a fingerprint while there's a cover on the phone? Also, have you applied any additional screen protectors on the phone?
0 Likes
jitu14986
First Poster
Options

Yes I applied screen protector on phone screen. But before update I was able to register new fingerprint with screen protector also.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming. Please remove the screen protector on the phone as this can affect the the scanner on the phone, and then monitor this.
0 Likes
jitu14986
First Poster
Options

But this use to work with screen protector as well. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Third party screen protectors and accessories can affect the performance of the phone, including the fingerprint scanner. Did you buy the screen protector from an official Samsung store?
0 Likes
jitu14986
First Poster
Options
no its not from an official Samsung store.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming this. Please try removing the screen protector after you get an official screen protector for your phone, and then monitor this.
0 Likes
AliElsayed
First Poster
Options
HI @AsadM I have same issue with fingerprint after upgrading to android 10 with Samsung a705FN
0 Likes