Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 touchscreen, fingerprint scanner issues

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 11:35 AM)
shaysphone
First Poster
Options

I just got my a70 and the touchscreen is slow to completely unresponsive. Fingerprint sensor doesn't recognize my prints. 

Tried *#2663# but it didn't work.

I'm in the USA 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@shaysphone: Let's try a Soft Reset to refresh your software and address any temporary issues that may be affecting the performance of your device. To proceed, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until teh device restarts. If the problem persists then I recommend removing any recently installed, third party apps to see if this helps. If not then you can try backing up the phone and performing a Factory Data Reset to return the phone to its default settings.

Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset

If you find that the issue is still present, and if you purchased your A70 less than 30 days ago, then you have the option of returning to the point of sale to request a refund or replacement. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

There is another thred on this, but essentially, the A70 (and A50) fingerprint sensors are hopeless, they simply don't work in the real world. Sooner Samsung accepts this and does something about it the better!! I have a brand new A70 with the issue and also bought my wife an A50 - exactly the same problem. Some (honest, rather than paid) reviews onilne are also pointing out the same now - so I think it will soon come up as a recognised issue. I fear it's the underlying (in screen) technology that's simply not up to the job. Maybe a future s/w update will make it better, but until then many owners of A phones will be thinking 'it must just be them'.. it's not.. and any amount of resetting, re-recording, screen protector removal will not improve matters (by my experience).

dj1891
Pioneer
Options

@Bry040 wrote:

There is another thred on this, but essentially, the A70 (and A50) fingerprint sensors are hopeless, they simply don't work in the real world. Sooner Samsung accepts this and does something about it the better!! I have a brand new A70 with the issue and also bought my wife an A50 - exactly the same problem. Some (honest, rather than paid) reviews onilne are also pointing out the same now - so I think it will soon come up as a recognised issue. I fear it's the underlying (in screen) technology that's simply not up to the job. Maybe a future s/w update will make it better, but until then many owners of A phones will be thinking 'it must just be them'.. it's not.. and any amount of resetting, re-recording, screen protector removal will not improve matters (by my experience).

You've hit the nail on the head.  It was the same when Samsung first started putting fingerprint readers in phones back with the S5, that thing was hopeless and never worked, it wasn't until the S6/S7 they fixed it. This is hardware related and will never be fixed as the technology is not up to the job.  For me face unlock was also rather ***** unless in good lighting.  I ended up reverting to old pattern unlock as it was simply the quickest.  

0 Likes
Goodmojo
First Poster
Options

Same here. Worst fingerprint sensor I've encountered so far. Had to recalibrate a dozen times. What gives!!?? And why does the navigation bar come on when charging.....***** annoying in the night with the white light??!!