(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 04:41 PM)
Shiwarrior
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

My first post

Had my A70 a couple of months now, great phone

I want to connect my A70 to my TV but smart view doesn't work 

I then bought a USB-C to HDMI lead and that does not work either, comes up on my phone as something is connected and it charges , when I click on switch control to phone it will not allow me to do so.

I still have nothing up on my TV

I have also tried my 2019 tablet A , same thing

I have a Samsung TV

Any ideas ?

28 REPLIES 28
REGGIE-17
First Poster
Options
I am also facing exactly the same problem.
Using the wireless SMARTVIEW on the phone results in regular irritating interruptions.
I just bought a type-C USB-HDMI cable. It does not work.
Looking for help. My phone is SAMSUNG GALAXY A70 (2019).
0 Likes
Mobius
Apprentice
Options
SmartView on my A70 works fairly well with my LG 7000 series TV but freezes on the LG 6xx series. SmartView on the A70 is available by default from the dropdown quick settings (you might have to swipe down twice, then swipe left to see it).

I use Smartview often, casting whatsapp video calls the TV. Unfortunately whatsapp doesnt work in landscape mode via smartswitch. I also have had issues trying to cast video files stored on the device where it would only playback on the phone and not the TV, but that seems to be more a problem with the player app. E.g. I dont think netflix pre-downloaded files can be cast to a secondary screen (not by smartview or chromecast).

It is for this reason that I would have like a wired solution though. Too bad the A70 is without MHL / HDMI. I believe this is a hardware requirement, so no amount of software can enable it
Mobius
Apprentice
Options
Interestingly, someone on the XDA forums said that their USB-C to HDMI cable worked with the A30 (but not the A70).
0 Likes
Lee86
First Poster
Options

Hi TessM, I have a similar issue and was wondering if you or anyone else could help.

I have an A70, and a non smart Panasonic tv which has 2 hdmi ports but no USB port! I have a hdmi splitter cable, by that I mean its hdmi on one end and then a choice of usb or usbc on the other end. When i plug both ends in appropriately nothing happens, no connection prompt, no phone screen display on my tv either. I've looked through my tv settings and theres nothing that seems relevant sonim wondering if theres a setting or app on my phone that I can use to cast my screen onto my tv.

0 Likes
Mobius
Apprentice
Options

@Lee86 wrote:

Hi TessM, I have a similar issue and was wondering if you or anyone else could help.

I have an A70, and a non smart Panasonic tv which has 2 hdmi ports but no USB port! I have a hdmi splitter cable, by that I mean its hdmi on one end and then a choice of usb or usbc on the other end. When i plug both ends in appropriately nothing happens, no connection prompt, no phone screen display on my tv either. I've looked through my tv settings and theres nothing that seems relevant sonim wondering if theres a setting or app on my phone that I can use to cast my screen onto my tv.

Sorry mate, read the posts. A70 does not support display output via usb c.

0 Likes
Trench2k
First Poster
Options

If you're not supposed to be able to output video via cable to a TV on the Samsung A70, how come Samsung sells a cable that promises to do exactly that? Is it a workaround?

https://ca.mobilefun.com/official-samsung-galaxy-a70-usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-74551

SpidiGi
First Poster
Options

I was wondering the same thing because I saw this site and I wanted to order this, but then I read this topic. Can somebody from Sasmung explain this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Shiwarrior
Journeyman
Options

I have just got Sky Go on my Samsung A70, infact im not going to bother on there, using my Samsung Tablet A (2019) instead

will Sky Go work to TV ?

like i said in my OP or near the top, i cant use smartview with my samsung TV

im happy to buy a cable from somewhere, and take it back if it doesent work 

0 Likes
Rxdxctxd
First Poster
Options
I have no issue connecting my A70 to a roku player, mine is the roku 3 and it works perfectly.
0 Likes