Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 suddenly stopped charging

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 10:12 PM)
kibbified
First Poster
Options

I bought my A70 a few years ago, and it was relatively fine until just the other day where it now doesn't charge at all, even with genuine products, no hardware damage, clean charging port etc. I contacted the chat support and reset USB settings, but that didn't do anything either. I've restarted it plenty of times throughout this as well. 

I was using an apple wall adaptor because it was just already plugged in, with a Samsung cord (white one with one USB end) which worked perfectly fine but the cord got damaged after so long and stopped working, so I pulled out the genuine still wrapped up cord (black one with both ends C-type) and used a nearly brand new & genuine wall plug, and it now doesn't work. It doesn't work with Samsung chargers, but I can plug it in with a sony cord to my laptop and it charges over about 5 hrs. 

does anyone know wtf has happened? how I can fix it?? I really do not want to factory reset and at this point idek if that will work lol. I want to try and find a solution myself before I go to get it serviced and possibly pay the price of a new phone anyway to get it fixed

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Hello mate. Hope your well. I have found a solution here. Please do check it out. Let me know if you need anything.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-phone-is-not-charging/
0 Likes