Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen goes black on speaker phone

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 05:23 AM)
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

When I use the phone on speakerphone,  it goes  black after a short time and I can't access the keypad or buttons or end the call without pressing the power button. Happens with or without a screen protector and even after flushing the memory cache and partition cache. Very annoying - any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be honest as I rarely conduct a call on speaker phone I've not noticed.

You could lengthen the duration of the display timeout in your settings to see if that helps.

However I'm assuming this is a battery saving feature @Tombar 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

Screen timeout is at maximum of 10 min - this happens at 30 sec to 2 minutes.

Being able to access the keypad and controls is one of the main reasons I use speakerphone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I looked at mine when making a speaker call earlier this morning and yes it does timeout.

I give the screen a quick tap when it dims to stop it timing out and or press the power key as mentioned.

I'm not aware of any particular app that could help but it's worth just having a look anyway.

As I said earlier it maybe a battery saving feature.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

The US community site is packed with complaints a out this happening on several models of Samsung phones for over 2  years (8 pages of complaints!). The Samsung support person I finally managed to contact said it happened to him and his colleagues and he doesn't know why!

0 Likes
Kijanawill
Student
Options
this is happening on my s10+. I've never had the dark screen problem on previous models. When I want to end a call, I cannot see the endcall control
0 Likes