Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Pink Line

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 03:59 PM)
Bosgarage57
Student
Options

I have an international version A70 (MN Variant) in the USA, had it for just over a month and it has developed a pink line vertically though the screen, much like the S7 Edge had. Im suspecting a hardware fault, but can't be sure.  The phone was not dropped or damaged anyway.  I'm just wondering what my warranty (if i have any) will fix, and would I need to ship it to EU or Canada.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Bosgarage57: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your A70. The warranty on your device covers software and hardware defects, however if the issue is deemed to be the result of physical/liquid damage then a charge would be applicable to cover the cost of any necessary repairs. If you're in the US then I recommend contacting Samsung Support in your region via the link below quoting your full model number and serial number, and an advisor will be able to confirm if your warranty is valid in that region, and proceed with any repair options if it's covered. Hope this helps.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/
Bosgarage57
Student
Options
Well, so far I've been getting the run around. Apparently the phone I bought is the international variant of the phone, and I'm not sure which Samsung I need to contact for warranty/repair. I've contact Puerto Rico/Latin America Samsung and Canada with no avail. Not sure whatelse to do.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had the pink line on a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge I owned.

Samsung UK authorised the full screen replacement as this is a known issue with the connection between the display and the internal boards.

As long as its not been dropped or had the water indicators tripped imo you should be looked after going from my own personal Experience @Bosgarage57 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes