Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 camera quality random post

(Topic created on: 27-02-2020 03:42 PM)
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I have had my A70 a little while now but never really looked at the battery saving modes and such.

I mean I'm getting over 10 hours screen on time when using a wifi and data mix and over 11hours when using purely wifi, so battery saving wasn't a thing I thought about.

Decided to put my phone on extreme battery saving mode, the camera interface really simplifies and runs quicker,  plus I'm sure the images come out a bit sharper. 

The front camera also is fixed to a wider less zoomed in crop.

So I'm wondering if the issues people are getting with the camera are software based, because the app runs smooth in extreme saving mode and there is a but more sharpness to textures on fabrics and the like, at least in my device which I've not really had any issues with at all.

Sorry for the random post 🙂

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I would like to see Samsung offer either an option to set the camera app to bare bones when required or offer a secondary camera app with literally no fancy features , no noise suppression, full control over compression rates and a way to fine tune sharpness, contrast, saturation, etc pre shot .

A nice efficient bare bones ui or an option to switch to a bare bones ui would be nice
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@GingerSteve: Although it's not exactly what you're after, I recommend checking out Pro Mode in the Camera app as this allows you to manually adjust things such as white balance, ISO and shutter speeds pre shot. On Android 9, tap the cog symbol in the top left corner of the Camera app and select Camera Modes > Edit Modes > Pro Mode (tick to enable). On Android 10, swipe all the way to the left when you first open the app to find all available modes. Hope this helps.
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you, yes I know about the pro mode, which I do use but purely because you can lock the af and exposure separately
0 Likes