Did you mean: 

A70 camera blur/poor quality.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 09:56 AM)
Op2097
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Bought an A70. 

Takes pictures worse than my 2010 HTC desire did.  Compared to my wife's pixel 3a it's shockingly bad. 

A. Focus constantly changes. Can't maintain a clean focus. 

B. Everything comes out blurred. Impossible to take pics of my kids. Really bad. 

C. Overly soft images.

D. Selfie cam may as well be 1.2 megapixel from my 2004 Nokia. Blur. Blur. Blur. 

I know it's a software problem; sideloading GCam gives a consistent clear picture but it's not ideal to use. 

Tried clearing cache etc. No change. Definitely software. As stated. GCam is super clean but has no wide lense feature nor is the default app. 

It's that bad that I'm certain I'm going to change phone. Shame as the rest of the package is really good. 

Any ideas anyone? 

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Op2097: Sorry to hear of your disappointment with the quality of the images captured on your Galaxy A70. First of all I would recommend making sure that the Camera is in Photo mode, and that the scene you are capturing is well lit, as bad light can make it difficult for the camera to focus. Also, if you tap on the subject of the photo a square should appear on screen in the area you tapped. Please ensure that the square turns green before hitting the camera button so the picture focuses correctly.

If the problem persists then please open the Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Camera, and follow the on screen instructions. If you get any errors during this test then please visit a Support Centre where an engineer can inspect the phone for you. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
Alyyson
First Poster
Options

Mine is horrible in daylight photo taking!! I bought mine via the advice of the koodo rep, claiming it was the best photo taker, I needed a good camera for our trip to Banff.  All of my pics look terrible! blotchy, blurry, gritty, whites too bright, pic looks yucky! my husband bough the S10e and his photos were so clear and beautiful. Really wish I did more research, I am not happy at all 😞 

Jpsor
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. This phone is a worthless piece of ***** when it comes to photo taking. It is a very good phone , except that they forgot to work on the camera. It was sold on very bad advice from the store clerk as the best mid ranger. A budget phone does meter. 

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I don't know if it's just because I want to see an improvement in image quality that's tricking my brain in to thinking it's an improvement, but I changed the option within the camera app to save images as HEIF (the high efficiency image format) or whatever it stands for.
But I've seen a slight improvement in detail capture on bricks, trees and other foliage.

I'm not talking huge differences but I'm positive the lines of mortar between the bricks is more definable and the foliage less smudged.

Plus I use night mode and pro mode more often than not
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I've noticed HEIF is only active on the standard "photo" option , not pro or night... I think I'll still stick with open camera even though it doesn't read the 32mp pixel binning side of things
0 Likes
Mattmarsh
Apprentice
Options
Had the M20 before the A70 the camera was lovely on the M20 my A70 is is pixelated and night mod is shocking hopefully they fix it in the up date in April witch is a long time coming compared to my m20 that had it last year I brought this phone for taking photos.  Very disappointed. 😥
0 Likes
MPG1
First Poster
Options

Camera is terrible. End of. 

0 Likes
TheKetke
First Poster
Options

The camera is really truly bad. So sad that I bought it. It is waste of money if you want to take photos, lol

Before A70, I had S5 for more than 5 years where photos were sharp and detailed. When my S5 broke, I thought that staying at Samsung is OK and some new model will be better than my 5 years old phone...

0 Likes