Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Battery has halved after March 2022 security update.

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 10:08 PM)
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

I'm also using Samsung A70 . An update came to my phone on the 2nd of last April.It will be roughly like 420 MB. The problem is my battery life has halved since the update. I reset my phone. I did everything possible but suddenly my battery life was halved after the update. Now I'm sure it's because of the update. It was the only security update March 2022. I would humbly request Samsung to resolve this issue of course.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @abuhuraira417 

Please ensure all your apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated.

After using your phone from 100% to around 15% can you go into your phone's Device Care section under Battery and look at what's using your battery please.

Perhaps screenshot that page with also using the screen scroll capture feature so that all your apps are shown in the screenshot.

This can help us see what's happening.

Also a good troubleshooting guide is > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

As a last resort back up and factory reset.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

Hello @BandOfBrothers  

Thanks for your answer. But I already tried these you mentioned above. I reset my phone, wipe catch partition from recovery mood, monitoring device care , every app is updated. But still I'm facing battery drain problem. 

I've tried everything. But Now I can realise that March 2022 security patch update creates the problem. I'm not only sufferer. There are a huge number facing the same problem.

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220413-123233_Device care.jpg

@BandOfBrothers 

Before the update, I can easily use YouTube 1 hours by 8-10 percent change. Now every app consume more power. Here is the screenshot. Video playback at low brightness with headphone takes 1% charge for 6 minutes video playing. But device care section showd a different images for vidoe playing. WhatsApp consume 1% charge just for 4 minutes. Only browsing with chrome aslo consuming more power after this update.

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220413-124257_Device care.jpg

 I won't use my phone until Samsung fix this problem releasing another update. Before the update I used to charge my device only 1 time in a day. I never used 100% charge . But now I'm crossing 100% charge in a single day .

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220413-190334_Device care.jpg

If it were normal, the battery would have cost me 50% less than I did today.I never used a hundred percent battery. But this software update ended everything for me.

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220414-134735_Device care.jpg

Is it acceptable that telegram consumed 17.5% charge in just 5 minutes? 

Otherwise today battery use is 40% ..but on screen time is just 2 hours...

Before update I can easily use 4 hours in 40% charge.

0 Likes