Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 JUNE 2023 SECURITY UPDATE?

(Topic created on: 26-06-2023 05:59 PM)
James21
Voyager
Options
Still no A54 June 2023 security update. I thought Samsung were updating this phone for years. UK
28 REPLIES 28
James21
Voyager
Options
👍
0 Likes
AntennaJobs
Explorer
Options

So, just a security update.

The date of the security update is June 1, 2023, and we only received it today, with a 30-day delay. They were so late that I thought this update would solve all the reported issues, but it turns out it didn't fix anything.

It seems that they haven't fixed the battery issue at all. I still see the same LTE signal strength as before, while the Samsung Galaxy A52S shows a stronger signal at the same location. Worst of all, they refuse to clarify and tell me whether it's because the SG A54 displays the signal more accurately or differently from the A52S due to a different chipset. Maybe this isn't even a problem, but I don't know that because Samsung isn't saying anything and they're just giving me generic answers like resetting the phone to factory settings or taking it to an authorized service center for repair.

All in all, another disappointment.

Samsung, it would be better if you didn't have any support at all than to have what you currently provide. What you're doing is an insult to intelligence. When it's obvious that we all have a battery drain issue when the phone is not in use, you suggest turning off NFC (we won't be able to make payments), Bluetooth (we won't be able to use smartwatches and headphones), LTE network (we won't have faster internet), location services (we won't be able to use GPS), and then you tell me what use is such a phone? It's best to just turn off the phone completely, and then there won't be any battery problems.

0 Likes
Sachu
First Poster
Options

How is the update so far for you bro? Any changes?

0 Likes
AntennaJobs
Explorer
Options

I didn't notice any visible changes. The specifications state that it's just a security update, but a 400 MB update is quite large, so I hope they have fixed some long-standing issues like battery problems and such.

We'll see how everything behaves and what the performance is like until the next update, but honestly, I'm not very optimistic because Samsung support has generally disappointed me. It's nice that they offer 5 years of support, but their support on forums (including here), over the phone, and via live chat is very, very poor, and they rarely solve issues and only provide generic responses. Apple support is much better in that regard. And this delay in releasing updates is also problematic. This should have been done earlier.

0 Likes
Sachu
First Poster
Options

Ok

0 Likes
Sachu
First Poster
Options

How about you bro? Any changes noticed?

0 Likes
Sachu
First Poster
Options

How is the ui performance especially at 60hz?? 

0 Likes
Tom Tran
First Poster
Options

The animations is always janky at 60hz, the animations for A series never made to be smooth at 60hz (S series animations was different, actually we could enable flagship animations, root,  and yet it's pretty smooth even in A32, from a user who told me in the internet). When I bought the phone tried 60hz and I ill a lot.

0 Likes
Venom6
First Poster
Options

But the animation at 60hz is improved a little bit after this june update..i am pretty sure it will be completed resolved with upcoming updates

0 Likes