Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 battery is acting weird

(Topic created on: 27-12-2023 12:03 PM)
Members_TcNJxzU
Apprentice
Options

Hi I got my A54 just a few days ago. Last night I drained the battery to about 6 %, left the phone unplugged and went to bed. When I woke up about 7 hours later the phone was shut off and I turned it on. It turned on for a brief moment and shut off again presumably cause it had 0 %. When I plugged it in, maybe after 2-3 minutes it said the battery had 66 %. I turned it on and it let it charge to 100. But now it's going down rapidly. basically 1 % in 2 minutes with the screen shut off and only one background app (Accubattery). What is happening?

6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe Acubattery is messing up the phone.

Never use those third party apps as they create more issues then need be.

I prefer sticking to what's on the phone.

Also did you update to one ui 6 yet?

I would suggest putting phone on charger once you hit 15% don't let it drain right down unless need be
Members_TcNJxzU
Apprentice
Options

__

0 Likes
Members_TcNJxzU
Apprentice
Options

Yes I do have OneUI 6. And I'll uninnstall it. I will put it on charger at 15 % and wil see what's up after charging to full. But it still bothers me that I have no idea how is this situation possible.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Updating to a new software sometimes can mess things up a bit as well.

That's why personally for myself, I do a full factory reset after a major update and then manually update my apps as and when.

I only back up my photos , contacts, and stuff.

Settings, apps, etc, I don't.

I'm not saying you have to do it . It's just that doing so has served me well.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I also avoid those third party apps.
They are rarely accurate anyway in my experience.
It's worth Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone as well if recently transferred data setting up
If it's a new phone, the battery goes through a learning usage cycle. Normally takes around a week. During this time the battery can bit inconsistent
RajeevPR
Voyager
Options
Always check on too many apps running on background and never put third-party app in our mobile.
0 Likes