Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 5G thoughts

(Topic created on: 15-03-2023 03:07 PM)
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Is anyone thinking of upgrading to the A54 5G. As it looks quite nice but looks exact similar to the S23. The exynos 1380 is more powerful than 1280. 
15 REPLIES 15
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MNas04  I am sure some A series owners will be giving it serious consideration,though not a big upgrade over last year's version.  However   a 50Mp main camera, 5,000mAh battery, and five years of software support ( 4 years Os and 5 years security) is pretty impressive at the price range.   As far as the display goes the peak  Brightness is said to be 1000 nits compared to 1750m nits on the S23 series and the camera whilst producing better camera quality whilst obviously not be like  a flagship. https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a54-5g-launched-nightography-camera-improved-performance/ 

A look at some of the other specifications here https://www.techadvisor.com/samsung-galaxy-a54 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
My personal thoughts are it doesn't seem that much of an upgrade from last year's A53 for the additional cost on release. The main difference is a 8gb of ram and a 20% ish bump on the processor, a glass back instead of plastic which is 20g heavier, an adaptive refresh rate this time and the main camera has slightly bigger pixels for a slightly better picture with a 50Mb camera instead of the 64Mb on the A53. It will be interesting to see a real world comparison video between the two device to see the differences in real terms. Maybe worth an upgrade from the A52 or earlier A series models.
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I guess so. I have no plans at the moment. But I hope a review will come out soon between the two devices. I have read on Sammobile. Users who are on A51 or A52 should consider the upgrade. Mainly A51 I'd say.
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
It does looks nice. I hope a review comes out between the two phones soon.
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
If you look on the Samsung website the trade-in for A series is only around £40 and it doesn't give the option for the A53. If it is anything like the A53, after a few months you will be able to get it around £250 on eBay in mint condition. I'm interested to see what price and spec the Pixel7a will be around June/July time as that should also have wireless charging this time for an Pixel A device.
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I have seen it as well as the A34. You do get free galaxy buds 2 for free when you buy A54. But your right no trade in option available. I am interested in the pixel 7a. Heard that it will get that sort of features you mentioned. Something A54 doesn't offer
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
I just saw it in EE do like the look of it but I like snapdragon chipset and don't know to jump on the A54 5G but ATM they doing free earbuds with them on EE??
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Yes apparently they are. It was same for the A53 last year. I prefer a snapdragon as well. But we have to wait for a review of the A54 to see if its beats the A53
0 Likes
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
If they sort out the bugs then would get it because got the A52s 5G and had no issues with it rather stick with an A series phone if there are no problems with it