Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 overheating

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 11:14 AM)
Louken29
Apprentice
Options
Brand new A53 overheating after a few minutes use. Cannot listen,  watch or toggle between apps. Has shut down twice typing this cannot run diagnostic check as overheats and shuts down. Totally useless piece of metal
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If your still within your relevant cooling off period @Louken29 take / send the phone back for a replacement as you shouldn't have to be troubleshooting with a new phone.

If a person is beyond their cooling off period then I'd suggest these tips in order.

• If information was moved across using Smartswitch then back up and factory reset ,and use Samsung Cloud / OneDrive back up to move info across. I also download my apps one at a time via the Playstore and if necessary Galaxy Store.
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 
  • Run the inbuilt diagnostic test tool via the Samsung Members App.
  • If the phone takes a sd card remove it as a glitching sd card can cause weird issues.
  • Seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Louken29
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Phone only 4 days old and it's the second one after I took original back after 2 days. This is going back too. So 2 new phones in 1 week both same issues
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You certainly seem to have been unlucky especially with having two phones displaying issues, or maybe some of the advice I gave earlier is relevant such as what back ups are being used.

You could even set up the phone as a fresh install i.e don't use any back ups and see how it performs which would help to highlight either the phone or back ups at fault @Louken29 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Definitely take it back to place of purchase, this is a great phone for the money and sounds like you have been very unlucky with it. I have friends who have this model and love it.

Take it to a samsung repair centre, try their chat via samsung.com
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Are you running heavy games in it? COD mobile for example.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I always think that when you get overheating issues on any phone. It's caused by a rogue app. I've had some good "flagship" phones over the years and now I'm using the A53 5G. I can honestly say I've never had overheating issues even whilst gaming.
You can understand the phone will heat up under heavy gaming because the processor is get pushed. Under normal usage it should never heat up unless the charger is plugged in.
0 Likes