Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 is a dust magnet!

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 04:35 PM)
LuLu52
Explorer
Options

I just purchased a new A53 5G in the UK and find the screen and body are both picking up dust very easily. I don't have a screen protector but I'm surprised the native screen is so 'static'. I've fitted a Samsung gel cover. The screen itself is also very prone to finger marks. My old A40 didn't have these problems. Is there anything I can do to fix them?

7 REPLIES 7
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I have the A53 in white but have had a screen protector and case on not long after I got it. I haven't noticed anything re the dust tbh, but it does pickup finger prints easily on the screen protector although that can be wiped down with a cloth.
0 Likes
LuLu52
Explorer
Options
I had a screen protector before but it had a negative impact on touch sensitivity. Of course I can wipe the screen but I"d rather it didn't attract dust so easily! I was thinking of anti-static spray but not sure if that would be harmful?
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Not sure about the anti static spray. I haven't had any issues with touch sensitivity with the screen protector, but there is a touch sensitive setting under the display settings that helps with sensitivity when enabled.
0 Likes
Marieke van Elst
Apprentice
Options

you can buy a glass screenprotector that is fingerprint resistent and buy a matt case this will solve your problem

0 Likes
LuLu52
Explorer
Options

The Samsung silicone cover is terrible for having dust, fibres and hairs sticking to it! It doesn't easily wipe off either 😞 

0 Likes
HelpMaBoab
Journeyman
Options
If your phone is a dust magnet, try cleaning your house more often.
0 Likes
LuLu52
Explorer
Options

That's neither funny or helpful

0 Likes