Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 install nightmare

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 07:53 PM)
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
Hello all. Has anyone else had a dreadful start whilst booting up their a53 for the first time? Firstly I had the country/anguage selection page, which of course was a breeze. But then after that, the phone demanded an 'AR'  code and would not progress any further without it.i had an online chat with support in australia[I'm in UK but couldn't find online UK chat]. And was told that the phone wasn't Australian so that was a waste of time. I like the phone and not regretting swapping over from apple,but come on samsung you are potentially risking handsets being sent back and sales lost.
9 REPLIES 9
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I had a very easy setup on mine. I bought my A53 from Argos only 2 months ago and I can't remember it asking for an AR code. If it did there must have been a skip option.
Did you buy your phone from one of the UK networks?
0 Likes
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
Hello, phone was bought from argos high street, paid cash. No way to skip past 'AR' demand apart from my aforementioned.
0 Likes
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
Hello, shouldn't really be a prerequisite though? One just wants to turn the phone on and set up accounts after.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Wes1ey: To give me a better understanding of the issue, please can you take a picture of the screen where you're seeing the AR code request, and post it in your next reply? 

0 Likes
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
I assume that it is some kind of offer or data that can be scanned with the camera? Why somebody would need that on first boot of a phone remains a mystery.
0 Likes
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
I will ask my partner to see if she still has the images she took of the phone and further reply? I was using her phone to communicate with the helpdesk. The images were sent to samsung online chat (Australia) in any case.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Pity you're not local to me. I'd sort it out. 👍🏻
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
When you were prompted to put in your region/location. Did you make sure you tapped on United Kingdom on the scroll list? Once you tap on the English start, it brings up a list. Mine automatically put a tick on the United Kingdom.
0 Likes
Wes1ey
Journeyman
Options
That's kind of you my friend. All sorted now though 👌