Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 Front Camera Showing Bad Reddish Skin Tone

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 10:41 AM)
Tanjamin
Student
Options

Yesterday i've bought a Samsung A53 & when i'm using it indoor, the front camera is showing very reddish skin tone. It isn't usable nor acceptable. I've factory reseted the phone & not using any filters. The stock camera app needs to be upgraded to a proper version because color is very important. i hope Samsung will fix this old issue which exist almost on every samsung device now. 

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Tanjamin: I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the quality of the images captured on your front camera. Have you tried opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Selfie Colour Tone, and trying the available options here to see if you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tanjamin Hello, you tell us that this effect only happens indoors. It happens only in a specific place, or in all interiors. It is possible that the interior lighting contributes some interference. ¿?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wade_von
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue but it's not only outdoors. There is a reddish tint to everything on the camera and video using no adjustment to the settings. My fiancé is a light skinned black woman and she looks almost orange. The colors in general are more vivid and saturated than in real life.  You shouldn't have to adjust the settings to make things look normal just to use the camera at all.

KholaI
Options

Hey @Wade_von 

Have you checked to see if the 'Scene optimiser' feature is enabled? If so, I would recommend disabling this by heading into the Camera app > Settings icon in the top left > Toggle off 'Scene optimiser', as this can make pictures appear more vibrant and saturated than usual.

0 Likes
VAs3
Student
Options

I have the same problem on A53. There is a reddish tint in all photos from the Samsung camera. All filters are disabled. I compare with A52 where there is no such problem. Please fix it.