Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 5G

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 08:35 PM)
Members_Oddl0EI
First Poster
Options

Just bought an A53 £399 and 5 days after purchase the middle camera lens on the back has exploded, phone not dropped, been told probably not covered under warranty as its external damage, seems as though it could be reminiscent of A20 series problem of fragile/weak/too thin glass anybody else had this problem20220827_111627.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
No problems at all with my A53 5G. I've had the phone for a few months now and haven't had it in a case. I've even dropped it a few times and still no damage to camera lens.
I must admit looking at your picture that it does look like you've suffered impact damage to the lens from a pointed object.
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Probably keys in your pocket
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_Oddl0EI 

Who advised you of this been told probably not covered under warranty as its external damage "

If you purchased / acquired the phone from a network or Highstreet Shop then they'll need to look at the phone to advise.

If purchased direct from Samsung then a Samsung Service Centre will need to have hands on to advise.

The repair costs may not be as high as you might think.

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Members_Oddl0EI 

Have you been in touch with our Customer Service Team regarding this? If not, could you please drop me a message, so that I can look into this with you?

Members_v8DDHLd
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same thing has happened to mine, but the lower lens. Definitely hadn't dropped or knocked it. Sent it off to the repairs department of the very well known and reputable store I bought it from online, and they are quoting £81.60 and telling me my warranty will be voided. I'm trying to argue that I believe the phone is faulty. Same as you, my phone is in a protective case. No scratches or cracks. Just the lens shattered. In the current economic climate I cannot afford the repair, nor the excess if I claim on my insurance which I am loathe to do as I know I haven't caused the damage. Really quite upset about it all, especially having only had it for 3 months.

0 Likes
Bummed
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me, middle lens within days after purchase.

0 Likes