Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 5G

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 11:02 AM)
Members_DKvAZ57
First Poster
Options

I neved thought samsung could make a piece of ***** so big, as they did with this A53.

Sluggish everywhere,  annoyingly slow,  Camera is a world apart,  by the time the camera opens,  you probably lost the picture. 

Really regret buying it.

8 REPLIES 8
Sean X
First Poster
Options

I bought my A53 to replace a water damaged Samsung M31, according to the specs (and price) it should be much faster but it's sluggish in comparison IDKY? The camera and the screen are much better but that's about it. I'm kinda regretting too...

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Because Exynos 1280
0 Likes
Patelkian
Student
Options
Got to agree with you there I got my a53 a month ago and has been slow ever since the main downside to me is how the camera app takes long to take a picture. I really do regret buying it and should of kept my previous phone which was a a71
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Camera is pretty clunky on the A53. A52s is a far better phone.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you enabled Developer Options in the phone settings? Once you do that and change the animator duration scale, transition animation scale and window animation scale to .5x instead of the default 1.5x then your phone will fly!
I have the A53 5G and done this. If you do this, you'll see a massive improvement in the overall system speed.
0 Likes
Members_QBcXsEx
First Poster
Options

Hi, that sounds useful but could you explain more? I cannot find "Developer Options" in my phone settings, only Developer settings but there is nothing in there that relates to animator duration or scale. Likewise, if I search under those names nothing comes up so further help would be great if it resolves issues as you suggest. Thanks

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Hello there.
If you tap on your phone settings. Scroll down to About Phone. Tap on it, then tap on Software Infomation. Scroll down to Build Number and tap on it 8 times. This will unlock Developer Options. Press the back button to get back to the main phone settings. You will now see Developer Options at the bottom of the list.
Tap on that, then do what I said previously about changing those specific settings only.
Then press the back/home button. Don't change any other settings unless you know what you're doing.

Hope this helps. It's speeded up the phone in my case where it's become quite nippy and responsive.
0 Likes
Markonius
Journeyman
Options
I agree, the A53 was a real disappointment and I'm now stuck with it for a while. I'd planned to make full use of Samsung's long update support (til 2028 or something) but I now doubt I'll have the patience to keep the phone that long.

I've tried loads of tweaks to settings to help speed up the phone and by far the best has been to disable RAM Plus. If you look online you'll find stories on how RAM Plus even adversely affects Samsung's S-line of Galaxy phones.

Other things that help are slowing down the refresh rate from 90 to 60 Hz, but right now I've got the refresh rate set to 90hz with RAM Plus off and I must say the phone is working reasonably well....for me at least.

Good luck all
0 Likes