Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A53 5G SD card unmounting

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 07:09 PM)
DAW28
Apprentice
Options

I have had two new A53 5G phones from Samsung and both have the same issues (one replacing the other for this issue). The SD card unmounts it's self intermittently (within hours or a few days) and you need to reboot the phone for it to remount. There are no error messaged, so the only way you know is if you cannot see your photo's or files. I have tried three Samsung SD cards two are 128 GB and one is 64GB. I tried low level format in the PC and then reformat in the phone with no difference.  This looks like a firmware issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

Samsung - I really like the phone. Great screen, camera take good pictures and the phone is fast. I would like to keep it, however I cannot live with this issue permanently. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
KholaI
Options

Hey @DAW28 

That does sound a little odd, so I completely understand why you may feel frustrated. I believe the best thing, in this instance, would be to send in an error report so that our engineer can get a closer look at the issue. To do this, please head into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports. Please include a log, alongside a detailed entry of the issue, within 15 minutes of it occurring. Once our engineer reviews your log, they'll get back in touch with more information.

DAW28
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thank you for your comments. I have been asked already to send in an error report. The issue is there is no warning of the SD card having been unmounted, therefore it probably will always be after 15 minutes. Is there a way I can increase the log collection time
Goran B
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue about sd card unmounting itself. Only rebooting helps.

Btw the same sd card works flawleslly in my old S8.

I sure hope so, that they will find a fix for this as this is very annoying.

0 Likes
Solution
DAW28
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for post. After trying all the logical action to fix the issue as above I decided to try a non Samsung SD card. I used a SAN DISK SD card 200GB and so far it has not unmounted after 7 days. Previously the other cards lasted a few hours to a max of 3 days (when I noticed the unmount).
What make of card are you using? How long was the max mount time please. Also see what support has requested. If you see the unmount within 15 minutes they want a system log uploading. See above.
Goran B
Apprentice
Options

I'm using samsung evo plus sd card.

I haven't really timed the mount time, but i can say for sure it's within an 1 hour when the phone unmounted the card itself.

Thanks for the tip for trying other vendors cards, as I have now switched to my old sony sd card, taken out of my old tablet for the testing, will report back in few days how it goes.

...guess it's time to switch to other non samsung sd cards in the future, as i have always preferred samsung cards over sandisk.

0 Likes
Solution
Goran B
Apprentice
Options

Ok, i've said i will report back, so...

My old Sony sd card worked perfect in this phone.

But i think that I've found a solution to my problem with phone unmounting samsung sd card by itself. What i did is:  installed samsung sd card, switched on the phone, and then opened my files app, and unmounted the sdcard and mounted it right back again.

As it seems, it works for me, as my phone has not unmount the sd card since.

DAW28
Apprentice
Options
SANDISK has been working for 10 days. So not going to change it, but thanks for the heads up. Could you please call Samsung and report the issue with Samsung SD cards. The more they hear about the issue the more chance on them fixing it in a update. Their uk Samsung Stars BS team is on 0330 726 9000.
DAW28
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the update.

0 Likes
funkyings
First Poster
Options
Thanks for sharing. I experienced the same thing and tried your solution, so far it's not unmounted 🤞🏻
0 Likes