Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 5g repair problems

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 12:47 PM)
brownwolfart
Apprentice
Options
Samsung offer a doorstep repair service, which is a great option for vulnerable customers like myself, however I have found out today after multiple phone calls and promises that they don't repair the flagship A53 5G, and even if you get it escalated to superiors they won't help instead they try to send you to a store which is miles away or to send it away for potentially weeks which if your phone is a safety feature in your life is impractical, their argument being that not being able to send your phone away is our choice, which although true potentially puts venerable customers at risk. 

I've been a loyal samsung customer for meany years and am feeling very let down especially as I brought this as soon as it came out and the issues started at around 35 days old I've been trying to get this sorted out since May and can't see how they can say both on the phone and internet that they offer a service only to leave my high and dry waiting for contact from the repairers that will never happen, to continually leave a vulnerable customer with out a working phone is to my mind wrong in every way, and a real let down from a company that I've trusted and been loyal to, is a working replacement withing 6 months really to much to ask.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
The A53 5G is not a flagship device. It currently sells for less than £300 brand new, and so I wouldn't even call it mid ranger! It's simply not cost effective to send an engineer out you. If you're phone is your lifeline, then you really should have a cheap backup device for emergency use such as this.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
brownwolfart
Apprentice
Options
It was them that told me it was a flag ship device, and seeing as it was brand new just released I was not expecting to need a back up, you may be OK to buy 2 phones to stay safe however not everyone has that luxury, and I would never be so judgemental, just because I'm vulnerable does not excuse their own staff promising a doorstep repair only to be left in the lurch. Basically promising one thing and not delivering, and as for the cost effectiveness of it that's really not my problem I brought a product in good faith and they haven't delivered on the quality I would expect, not to mention they charge for doorstep repairs anyway.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not being judgmental (at least that wasn't my intention). My spare phone cost me £10 brand new (Argos). It's intended use is to make and receive calls and texts in an emergency (should my S21 Ultra break, be lost or stolen). IMO if someone can afford to spend hundreds (if not a grand or more) on a phone, they should be able to afford a £10 backup device? Anyway, hope you get a suitable resolution to your problem. 👍

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
What issues are you getting with it? Only asking because I have the A53 5G, bought from Argos, with no issues at all.
0 Likes
brownwolfart
Apprentice
Options
The speaker and mic are totally blown. I have to use head phones to have any chance of using g my phone.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Not good to hear that.
Although I hope Samsung dont lower the maximum volume with a software update as I think they've got it just right.
I watch a lot of YouTube on my A53, sometimes with earbuds.
0 Likes