Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s stuck in boot loop since update

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 09:06 PM)
alorin
Apprentice
Options

Good evening folks,

I attempted to update my A52s to One UI 4 but once it gets to 25% on the install it restarts and gets stuck in a boot loop. When I try to enter the recovery mode screen I see the installation bar again and when I release the "volume up" key the screen switches to a bios looking page. Here I can see a bunch of code but not the "recovery screen" I've seen in videos. The bios screen continues loading saying its scanning different parts of the phone and then at the end mentions an error in the cache before switching off and continuing in the boot loop. I never get the recovery screen options where you can select to delete cache etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try Below

Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

Keep them pressed until the screen goes black.

Then press and hold the Power button until the phone boots up.
0 Likes
alorin
Apprentice
Options

Hi @xSteveuk 

I have tried this many times. The phone loads back to the android installation, which continues to 25% before giving a split second error message and turning off. After 30 seconds or so of being off it turns on again until the samsung logo, then off again. Waits another 30 seconds and repeats.

0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Try reinstalling the software using odin or smart switch
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
How long are you holding down the buttons keep them pressed for 20 seconds
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@alorin I don't know if you are aware but the phone needs to be connected to a PC to access recovery.
0 Likes
alorin
Apprentice
Options

@xSteveuk  At which point should i be holding the buttons? Maybe i misdescribed it as a boot loop. It tries to boot every 30 seconds or so. The samsung logo appears for 20 seconds then it turns off. waits 30 seconds and tries again. Only when I hold the volume up and power button do I see the Android installer appear.

@Pugs1957 I have tried it both connected and disconnected from a PC. Although in this restart cycling the PC isn't recognising it as connected

thanassolykos
First Poster
Options
it sounds like a broken board. since it is a relatively new phone it should be within your consumer rights to request a repair for free.
0 Likes
alorin
Apprentice
Options

As I can't factory reset/erase data I have requested a mobile repair from Samsung in which they come to my house. Unfortunately the earliest date is like 3 weeks from now.

Unless it is safe to send it for repair without factory reset?

Thanks for all your answers

0 Likes