cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G lock screen timeout defaults to about 3s

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 02:58 PM)
Options

Hi

How do I increase the lock screen timeout to something sensible? It seems to default to an completely unusable 2-3s.  Just to be clear... the lock screen and not the  screen timeout once unlocked. It should not be necessary to use a 3rd party app for this.

Thanks

FBR

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Kimble303
Explorer
Options

With Power saving enabled, timeout is some 3 seconds as you mentioned.

If you disable Power saving mode, the timeout will be extended to some 5-6 seconds. But it is still not enough. So I agree that there should be a setting where you could customize the lock screen timeout. Seems that at least at the moment that is not possible.

AndrewL
Options

@FullBridgeRectifier: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding the screen timeout time while accessing your Lock Screen. I'm not sure if this will help, but please try heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures, and enable 'Keep screen on while viewing'. This will use the front camera to detect your face while you are looking at the screen, and may prevent the phone from timing out before you've had a chance to enter your Lock Screen security details. 

0 Likes
Options

Thank you. Spot on with the power saving affecting the timeout. 5-6 seconds is almost usable 🙂

0 Likes