Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 Ear Speaker Issue

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 11:01 AM)
Veno77
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

Do any of the A52 5G owners face issue with the ear speaker being bad quality? I have this issue on a brand new phone. When going in *#0*# I can test the ear speaker only and it has bad buzzing noise like a faulty speaker. The issue is that I went back to the shop where I bought the phone and the other one we tried had the same issue. Searching internet a see same complaints for A52 5G on other mobile related websites... I am wondering if this issue could be fixed by software because it looks like a defective speaker to me? I have found a lot of posts related similar issue with Samsung S21 Ultra after it was released couple of months ago.

37 REPLIES 37
litetaker
Journeyman
Options

I think it is a little choppy sometimes, but it is acceptable quality for me. Although I do have a different kind of ear speaker issue with my A52 5G and I just posted it in the forum here as well! I wonder if you experience similar issue as that: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a52-5g-ear-speaker-stops-working-after-a-day-and...

0 Likes
Veno77
Journeyman
Options

I replied in your topic. I hope these are all software issues and be fixed by next firmware....

litetaker
Journeyman
Options

Yeah I hope so. The one I posted definitely feels like a software issue as it completely stops working and then works perfectly normally after a reboot. I did experience some crackling some times but it is very infrequent, so I was not sure if it was poor quality cell signal or poor ear speakers. But I was willing to accept it as it is a more budget phone so I thought it was to be expected. But not being able to hear at all on phone calls is not acceptable for a *phone*! Lol

0 Likes
litetaker
Journeyman
Options

I had a bit of choppy sound today on a phone call for a brief moment. Basically, the sound quality was good at the start of the call, and then for a short duration it was a little noisy like a noisy FM station, and then it went away and became absolutely fine again. Is this the kind of issue you face as well or is it always bad quality all the time?

Veno77
Journeyman
Options

I don't know. Sometimes the sound I hear during a call is really bad and choppy, sometimes it is not so bad... Also when I do the speaker test in Samsung service menu there is speaker distortion all the time. But when I listen to music no matter how bass heavy it is there is no distortion...  I am not sure if it is a problem of the speaker itself or something else... I really really hope this could be fixed in software...

Veno77
Journeyman
Options

I just made sevveral phone calls and found that calls via VoLTE are fine. So it looks like the problem is only on the GSM network calls... there is some distortion even when I start to hear the "ringing tone".

Lupccs
Journeyman
Options

Did the other try the volte trick and did it work? I'm thinking about buying this phone but I'm a bit worried about this very common problem

0 Likes
Veno77
Journeyman
Options

Today I had a volte call and the quality was not good... I have no idea what is going on... hope they fix it with next update...

Lupccs
Journeyman
Options

Any idea from the samsung itself if there's going to be fix in the scheduled next update?

0 Likes