Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 Deleting emails from PC

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 04:07 PM)
Grizwold225
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I have recently acquired two A52 5G, mine and my wife's. We are using Outlook for our email, and they are both IMAP. The problem is if emails are deleted from the Inbox, they go into the Deleted file, which isn't a problem. We usually remove most of the emails from the phone, and keep them on the PC. But, if we then go to the Deleted items file, on the phone, to clear it, it deletes the emails from the PC. The ones on the PC can still be in the Inbox, and are deleted, and can be ones we want to keep. Any ideas as to how I can stop this please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To achieve that you need to use POP 3 protocol instead of IMAP
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yep, pugs is right. IMAP is not suitable for your particular usage scenario, switch to POP3. Your ISP or mail host should have POP3 server configuration details on their support page
fefeh
Apprentice
Options
Hi are you having any problems with your phones not receiving text messages? I purchased 2 of these phones my partners is working fine mine is not receiving text messages I can send them just not recieve them thanks
0 Likes
Buzby
First Poster
Options
Hi I have just bought a Samsung A52 5g but when I open an email I can't close how do I do this.
0 Likes